Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse, December 2010

Holy crap, guys, HOLY CRAP. There is a lunar eclipse going on right now, like AS I AM WRITING THIS. It's so exciting, the moons, like, BLACK. Or, almost black. Allow me to elaborate.

At around nine o' clock, my mother told me "There's going to be a lunar eclipse tonight." And I freaked out, saying, "OH MY GOD TONIGHT?" And yes, tonight. Now. Right now.

So I waited until about nine o' clock to start going outside. Nothing was happening. Around eleven, my dad came home. And he said the awseomest news ever: "This eclipse is happening on the winter solstice. That only happens every 500 years!"

Can you believe how lucky we are to see a lunar eclipse on December twenty-first and it only happens every 500 years? This shit is exciting!

As of now, the moon is nearly completely covered. I'm freaking about because around two thirty, there will be a full entire lunar eclipse. I'm having a heart attack. this is so effing exciting. I'll be back later with details on the eclipse. Okay. Bai.

No comments:

Post a Comment