Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

R&R: Twilight

Ah, yes. The infamous Twilight review. This will not be the "OMG WTF i luv twilight sooo much" review, or the "Twilight sux and Edward should burn in hell" review. It will be honest, and good. So sit back, and read this.

I was in fifth or sixth grade when Twilight came out. I heard it involved vampires, so I thought, "Oh, cool!" But I never got to see it. Eventually, my parents got a hold of a copy, and we watched it together.

It was a moot experience. I was very meh about the film. I got my hands on a library copy of the book, powered my through about three hundred pages, and returned it. The book was more descriptive than the movie, but was about as good.

And then came the sequels. New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn will be coming soon. These are popular things. But I think otherwise, to tell the truth. I have nothign against Twilight; I just don't like it.

 Bella Swan. What does that name say? She doesn't seem like a very thought out character. She isn't. She's, in fact, a hollow shell of a person, that anyone could slip into. SO all those girls (and selective guys) could pretend to be Bella and have their way with Edward. Or Jacob. Or whoever the hell else.

And then there's Edward. The century old immortal. Or, the century old virgin. He places Bella on a pedestal, at the center of his universe. Every girl wants this. I think Bella wants this. But it's a bit nauseating, really. The scary part about Edward is: He sparkles. He effing sparkles. Vampires should not sparkle.

And Jacob. In the first movie, he was actually pretty likable. Then he cut his hair, got a tattoo, and became a werewolf. Woo-hoo. And then he pulled an Edward and fell in love with Bella. What do they see in her, really? She's not even that pretty. Of course, I wouldn't know, she wasn't really described n detail.

Basically the only likable thing is the action the movies. Yes, I have seen them. Suffice to say, I can't turn down my Twilight-liking friends(who are all girls), because they're younger than am and I can't turn them down. The action was awesome, the fighting between the werewolves and vampires, and even Bella got hurt a few times. Awesome.

So I gave Twilight a 1. The reason it gets a relevant rating is because there was action and Bella got hurt a couple times. Plus, she punched Jacob. That deserves something.. You can like it if you want, and you'll probably make up the majority, but it's your opinion.

I still think Harry Potter is better. Rowling make seven books. Meyer made four. I think it's unanimous who the winner is.

No comments:

Post a Comment